DynaLift™ - Gas Lift Simulation Software
The gas lift process in oil wells is complex and not straightforward to either design systems or diagnose problems. Getting it right is the key to optimizing production from gas lifted wells and fields. Existing modeling tools and approaches simulate gas lift in terms of a steady state solution and make sweeping assumptions about the performance of the valves and the completion. DynaLift software addresses the opportunity to improve the performance of gas lifted wells through a better understanding of the gas lift unloading process combined with detailed performance modeling of valves.
The DynaLift package is a Windows® based application encapsulating many years of experience in gas lift valve performance modeling and design. It allows the user to build a comprehensive model of the well, completion, operating conditions, and reservoir.
DynaLift software simulates the step-by-step process of unloading a gas lifted well by calculating the detailed physical parameters in time steps as unloading progresses. This means that:
- Gas lift designs can be validated and checked against variations of reservoir conditions
- Problem wells with heading, multi-pointing, and valve ‘cutting’ can be diagnosed
- Correct operational procedures for kicking off these wells can be defined
- Different gas lift valves and designs can be evaluated to optimize workovers
These capabilities mean that gas lifted wells can now be modeled in much more detail than was previously possible, leading to improved production performance, more efficient operations, and reduced downtime.
DynaLift Software Allows Engineers To:
- More accurately model well unloading for better design and diagnosis
- Incorporate accurate valve performance curves
- Predict design robustness to changing reservoir
- More accurately diagnose well heading and multi pointing
- Minimize unloading time
- Improve operational procedures