Production Logging Training
Current Course Schedule:
There are currently no training classes open. If you would like to be notified when a new class is scheduled or if you would like to arrange a training class at your location that fits your particular needs, please send an email to
indicating the training class you are interested in.
The course is designed for engineers and other technical personnel who are involved at any stage in the specification, acquisition or interpretation of cased-hole wireline measurements. The course aims to provide a practical understanding of the physical phenomena involved, measurement principles, equipment types and the analysis of production logging surveys.
The course covers the practical and theoretical aspects modern production logging operations in terms of tool selection and data requirements, measurement limitations, analysis and its pitfalls. In the practical sessions, real field data are analyzed and the results discussed in depth.
|"A very good overview of PLT interpretation techniques. Excellent Instructor, pace of delivery fine."
Flow Rate Measurement
- Overview of layered reservoir behavior in producers/injectors as measured by wireline tools
- Measurement of flow rate by spinner, spinner flow meter calibration
- Case Study: Spinner calibration and interpretation in an inclined well, shut in and flowing, layered inflow performance
- Phase hold up by pressure gradient, radio active fluid density and dielectric (capacitance) based methods
Calliper, Gamma Ray, CCL, and Depth Control: Modern Production Logging Toolstrings
Two Phase Flow
- Main features of temperature profiles in producing and injecting wells
- Anomalous temperature profiles
- PVT properties, flow regimes, simplistic slip velocity model
- Case study cont; two-phase interpretation, shut in and flowing, complicating factors, well deviation misleading responses
- Three phase flow
- Horizontal wells: problems encountered with conventional logging sensors
- Recent developments: probe tools, hold-up imaging, phase velocity measurement
- Fiber optics, down-hole video, noise logging